Naturebond have developed an innovative product to make the lives of us breastfeeding mums easier. It’s a silicon breast pump. (Doesn’t sound that exciting does it…BUT IT IS!)
Before discovering this pump I was using my electric pump to build up a stash at 4am (milk supply is highest in the morning). This had to be done after feeding but not while I wasn’t feeding, was noisy and took AGES! Now I can attach this silicon pump while feeding and collect around 1-3oz per feed.
The concept is simple – when you feed on one boob the other boob doesn’t need much encouragement to get in on the action. With a little light suction created by attaching the pump your natural ‘let down’ will occur and be caught ready for storage. Breastfeeding mothers are advised not to express before 6 weeks to avoid generating an oversupply but because this pump encourages milk to flow when it would naturally occur it can be used from the birth of your baby! (I wish I had discovered it sooner!)
Naturebond Product Details
- BPA Free and 100% FDA Approved Food Grade Silicone.
- Soft, comfortable, Silicone Manual Breast Pump to collect “let down” and breast milk leaks.
- Helps relieve engorgement using natural suction pressure.
- Comes with dust cover and pouch for storage.
- Lightweight, portable and hands-free.
- Easy to clean and steralise
- 100ml milk capacity
I’m now collecting 3 times as much milk per day – meaning I can afford the odd day off and I feel less like a dairy cow!
You can grab your Naturebond silicon pump here from Amazon.